Disneyland

For my graduation trip, Grandma and Grandpa Berry got me tickets to my favorite place, DISNEYLAND! We spent a day at Disneyland and a day at California Adventure. I am so grateful that I got the chance to spend time in this magical place, with some of my favorite people (I say some because Rachel didn't get to come because of work :( ), celebrating being done with high school (which was a very celebratory event indeed). We stayed at a Marriott that couldn't have been more perfect. It was about a 10 minute walk to get to the front gates. The night before our day at Disneyland, we explored Downtown Disney, aka a place that's basically an outdoor mall filled with only stores selling Disney merchandise aka Hannah's version of heaven! That night was one of my favorite parts of the whole trip because there's nothing like seeing glimpses of the parks and feeling the anticipation of spending the next two days there.
Our day at Disneyland started off later than I would have liked (and by that I mean we got into the park 10 minutes after the park opened, which for a Disney fanatic like me, is LATE), but as soon as I got a glimpse of Sleeping Beauty's Castle, with cheerful music blasting and delicious smells wafting down Main Street, all was well :). Some of the highlights of the day were as follows
- Dole Whip and a Churro at 10:00 in the morning
- Finally getting to ride Peter Pan's Flight (it always seems to be closed when we go)
- Cracking up at Dad's faces in the Space Mountain pictures
- Getting soaked on Splash Mountain, and I mean SOAKED
- Emma and I going on Teacups and Small World by ourselves while Mom & Dad went to get smoothies in Downtown Disney
- Trying the Grey Stuff...it was delicious!
- Getting insulted on Jungle Cruise (Apparently Arizona is just like New Mexico, except people actually want to go there)
- Eating Dole Whip # 2 while waiting for the Main Street Electrical Parade
- Chatting with a guy from Hawaii about pineapples
- Chatting with the guy standing behind us before the parade who had eaten dinner at Club 33 (an exclusive, members only Disney restaurant) and him giving us Club 33 chocolates and napkins
- Sobbing during the fireworks (darn Julie Andrews, gets me every time)
Until next time, Mickey. :) 
Hannah















Comments