Harry Potter

As of Sunday August 16th, 2015 Tammie Kenney has officially read the entirety of the Harry Potter series. I (Hannah) spent the last year reading aloud to mom in the hope that she would learn to love the series as much as I do. Mom has always been a little hesitant when it comes to Harry Potter. To her all it was was a book about a boy wizard and an evil snake guy who kills a lot of people. Plus, fantasy has never really been her thing. I decided that I would force compel her to read them aloud with me, just to give it a try. And so the journey began. And it wasn't over until she had read every book and watched every movie. Mom now truly understands why I became obsessed and meanwhile, I feel quite satisfied that I have succeeded in converting mom into a full on Potterhead. Ok, maybe she still isn't quite on that level, but I at least feel that she appreciates the books :). I am so very grateful to mommy for allowing me to share the books with her. They were (and still are) such a huge part of my life and now she can understand why. I know that at times my Snape voice was a little too high-pitched and we both know that Oliver Wood was an epic fail (instead of Scottish, he sounded like a mix between Indian and Russian...), but I had such a wonderful time telling the story and making memories in the process. Oh and by the way, I will never forget that when, after the killing curse rebounded and hit Voldemort, Mom's response was "Convenient"! :) Thanks mom for sticking with me and the boy who lived until the very end.


Mischief Managed


"Do not pity the dead Harry. Pity the living. And above all, those who live without love."
                                                                                                         - Dumbledore





Thanks Hannah for reading every single Harry Potter book to us.  I will never forget your spot on voices..the way that whoever was home at the time usually migrated to where you were reading so that they could hear....reading in the car, in the house and on the go....your patience with my endless questions...and all the long deep conversations about life and love.  I love you Hannah Banana. 



Comments

  1. This is wonderful news! Alas, my thinking was much like Tammie's years ago when a student handed me the first Harry Potter book. Grateful I read them, as they are truly so good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment