Happy New Year!

We rang in the new year by heading out for our annual Aguirre Springs hike.  We had a lot more ice and snow than expected, which made for a longer hike (the girls love it when the hikes are even longer than expected). There were a few slips and slides but the hike was as beautiful as always.  We have done this hike for as long as I can remember.  In the beginning I can recall starting up the trail with 2 little girls and a toddler....sometimes we made it halfway before turning around sometimes we only made it 10 minutes before the whining got to us and we called it quits...OK, that was what happened today too but we just ignored it :) Each time we take this hike I am reminded of the passage of time.  I suppose the fact that we do it on a day that we celebrate the beginning of a new year makes it even more poignant.  As the girls get older the hiking gets easier and we are able to take much longer treks with them. Lots of things get easier when you no longer have 2 little girls and a toddler to chase around.....I can't help but miss those early hikes a little though. As 2014 slowly starts for our family I am grateful and excited.  I am grateful for all the time we spend together and all the memories we are making and I am so very excited to see what the year has in store for us.






Comments

  1. What a lovely tradition. As I was reading I started to imagine a time well into the future when maybe the girls bring along a new love or families of their own. Like I said, well well well into the future, if they so choose. ;) You have a way of taking in the moment and savoring it, and that is wonderful. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember pictures of this hike when they were little!! Now beautiful young women!! Such priceless memories- heart u guys
    Aunt Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment