And so it begins.....

6am is awfully early dontcha think





The school year has begun and is in full swing!  We now have 2 high schoolers in the house.  Hannah started 9th grade this year and has survived her 1st week relatively unscathed.  As usual, schedules are all messed up but hopefully we can work those kinks out soon.  Originally, the girls were going to have 3 classes together.....with the schedule mess ups, they now only have 1 class together.  Whew!  Too much of a good thing is not a good thing, when it comes to sister together time.  Sharing a room, a bathroom and basically everything else is quite enough.  Rachel did manage to be a wonderful ambassador to high school though and helped Hannah find her way around campus and to all of her classes.  Speaking of Rachel, she is enjoying being a sophomore and feels a lot more comfortable than last year in her role as high school student.  Her schedule worked out with only 1 minor change.  She will be taking 2 AP classes this year so that should keep her really busy.  Both girls are on the Cross Country team.  I am so proud of them both and eager to see all that they are involved in.  Emma is going to be busy herself this year.  She is now officially full time homeschooled.  We are using an online curriculum and are liking it very much.  It keeps her busy most of the day but we manage to squeeze in my favorite subject, which is PE, before we start the school day.  We are running together this year.  At first, Emma was worried about running with me because she is not a frequent runner.  I think she was worried she would not be able to keep up with me.....let's just say that keeping up with me was not a problem at all.  In fact, she smoked me on our first run.  As I was bringing up the rear I kept saying "hey, Em are you sure you don't want to walk for a minute" but she was so far ahead she couldn't hear me.  It is fun to share my love of running with her and apparently, she will be a motivating addition to my routine!  We will be also be doing Yoga as part of her online curriculum.  I am really looking forward to these 3 years with Emma at home.  Here is to another great year and to the fact that our first day off is only weeks away! 

Comments

  1. It is always so hard to get back into the routine after a wonderful summer break. Good luck girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the first weeks have gone really well.

    Emma is a very lucky girl to have the next three years with you, and I know how grateful you are, too.

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment