Sports Update

A VERY early bus ride to the meet

Centennial varsity cross country team



Go Bison!
The new school year has begun and that means that the sports schedule is in full effect at the Kenney house.  We are very busy but the girls are really enjoying themselves.  Rachel started the cross country team at Centennial and she absolutely loves it.  She was hesitant to begin with, but it turns out she really likes running.  She had her first meet last weekend and although she was sick, she still managed to run her race.  Unfortunately, because of my surgery, I was not able to attend the meet but Matt and Emma took lots of video for me.  Emma started her soccer season with Matt as a coach this year.  He is the goalie coach and seems to be very happy doing it.  Em had her first game already and it was so fun to watch.  Hotter than you know what, but otherwise a great day.  As I said before, because of my surgery, I am out of commission for the next 4-6 weeks.  Because of that, Hannah has had a slow start to her sports year.  We usually run together everyday for homecshool PE.  Obviously, I am not doing much running (yet!).  I would report on her sports update but I don't think that shuffling along with your Mom counts for much....  except to me, that is. (you knew the mushy stuff was coming on this one...) I am so thankful to have her to help me take things slow and recover at a smart pace.  The shuffling pace will soon turn in to a walking pace and it gives us a chance to chat and relax together, which I am really enjoying. 

Comments