Let the Holiday Season Begin!





December has gotten off to a busy start for our family.    We got home from spending Thanksgiving in San Diego and immediately got busy decking the halls.  We put the tree up and made the annual gingerbread train. On a sad note....this will be the last stop for the Annual Kenney Christmas gingerbread train.  While the end results are always fun to look at, the actual amount of work spent (all of which is done by me) is just too time consuming.  I made the announcement that if we wanted to keep the train someone else would be doing the dough making, cookie baking, gingerbread cutting out business...NOT me.  Since we had no takers, I called for a family vote and it was unanimously decided that the train would get the ax.  I have never felt so happy about a decision in my entire life.  We are weighing our options on what holiday tradition we will replace the train with....I am strongly suggesting a spa day for Mom!  Our end of year awards night for 4-H was also held early in December.  We enjoyed a night out with all of our club members and celebrated all that the kids have accomplished this year.  We have also managed to squeeze in a holiday viewing of our favorite Christmas movies....White Christmas and Little Women.  We even had a snow day last week to really get in the spirit.  I have no pictures because I was way too busy snuggled up in front of the fire reading Christmas books with Emma. So far, our holiday season is off to a great start.

Comments