Happy Birthday Emma!!!

Emma is many things.  She is a spontaneous, wild, crazy, sometimes very loud, risk taking kid.  These things are what make her unpredictable.....and I love that about her....but when I really think about Emma I think about the way she smiles everyday all day even when she is not feeling smiley.  The way she greets me everyday after school with a running almost knock me over hug and kiss when I pick her up.  The way she spends at least 5 minutes after I tuck her in telling me all of the reasons she loves me.  She does these things everyday.  Without fail.  These are the things I think of when I think of Emma. I guess I love the predictable side of Emma just as much as the crazy side.  Happy Birthday my sweet, happy Emma.










Ok, now for the logistics of Em's special day.  The morning started early with a breakfast of bacon brown sugar buttermilk biscuits, cheese omelets, and fruit salad.  After this we all needed a nap so we went back to bed.  Just kidding.  Then it was on to opening presents.  Highlights included a hand knit bear from Rachel and a new hula hoop.  The rest of the day was spent relaxing and hanging out as a family.  For dinner we went to the Japanese Kitchen.  Emma loves getting the fruit origami birthday treat and the fact that the staff sings to her in Japanese.  Afterwords we headed home for lemon cake.  The evening ended with a special sister spa night for Emma.  The girls gave her the royal treatment.  We had a fantastic day celebrating everything great about Emma!! 

  

Comments

  1. Happy birthday to that hula hoopin' cutie pie!! See all of your faces soon!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment