Highly Qualified Substitute Teacher

It always drives me crazy when the girls have a substitute that does nothing. I hate that the whole day is a waste, usually spent watching a movie or doing nothing. When I worked as a substitute I took my job very seriously. I felt that the day should resemble what the teacher would have planned or at least something close to a normal day. I came prepared and had additional lessons to teach if there were no lesson plans left by the teacher. I considered myself to be a highly qualified substitute teacher. So, I have been sick since Monday. I mean the stay in bed with a fever I can barley move kind of sick. Obviously, my ability to get a substitute teacher is limited as a homeschool parent. I know of no database full of substitutes willing to take over the day for me so I can be sick. Our days since Monday have looked like this.... Rachel teaching Hannah her algebra lesson... Hannah practicing Emma's spelling words with her... Hannah and Rachel completing all of their lessons each day... Matt doing the dishes, cooking dinner and teaching Rachel her math.... Matt taking Emma to school so I can get some rest...Emma reading books out loud to me by my bedside... I would say I have definitely found my substitute teacher. Who knew, I had 4 highly qualified substitute teachers right in my own house! Thanks family for really stepping up while I have been sick. You have no idea how much I appreciate you.

Comments

  1. Okay, they are all hired when I get sick.. Just have to hop on a plane and head out... Is it sad that I want to be sick now... I miss you guys so much :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what they say...the best learning happens when you teach someone else. So you are actually doing them a favor by being sick! Hope you feel well soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment