Relaxing.....


The girls had their friends over today. Everyone brought their dolls and when I looked out by the pool this is what I saw...With Rachel going into middle school and her friend going into 7th grade it is so great to me that they are all still so interested in things like playing with dolls. Such a huge juxtaposition with what we saw at our middle school open house. (We actually met a 7th grader who was pregnant.) I feel fortunate that Rachel has a good sense of what it means to be a Young girl. Pardon me for getting on a soap box but it really is such a short time in their life. I have no idea why society forces them to rush it. I am just going to sit back and enjoy the fact that she still wants to play make believe, has never seen Hannah Montana or High School Musical and that her favorite song is from the Sound of Music! I hope she marches to the beat of her own drummer for the rest of her life. Okay, so maybe that was a little soap box-ish of me......

Comments

  1. Are those Dolls wearing sunblock?

    tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. hee hee, I was going to say the same thing before I saw Tracy's note.

    Super cute, I was daydreaming about having a summer just like when I was little, so wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment