"This is the last time I am going to say Happy Birthday to you!!"




Those are the loving words spoken by Emma to Hannah as we were tucking them into bed tonight. I guess she was ready to move on from the celebration? We did manage to have a great finish to Hannah's big day. Chicken Yummy for dinner was enjoyed by all and the ooey-gooey-chocolate cake with peanut butter filling and chocolate ganache dripping off the sides-over the top- yummy-delicious cake was fantastic! Very decadent but definitely a repeater. Oddly enough, I had realized last night that I forgot to add the 2 eggs to the cake batter and was worried the cake would taste horrible. Honestly, I really had no idea what the eggs even did for a cake batter. I guess I should learn that before I start teaching Baking to all my 4-H ers this summer. Anyway, I googled "what if you forget the eggs in your cake batter?" and I got a ton of responses for vegan recipes. Apparently, a cake can be made without eggs. So to make a long story short, the cake ended up tasting fabulous (if I do say so myself) very moist and chocolaty. Like I said, very indulgent. (Matt is running on the treadmill as I write this). I think I might leave out the eggs next time too.

Comments

  1. The cake looks delicious, eggs or no eggs...delicious!!

    May the this year be full of new adventures and wonderfulness as her ten year old self, what a great age. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are the greatest parents. I am so proud of you two and the job you have done with your beautiful girls. I know that sounds weird coming from someone younger and less experienced with kids but I am proud that you are my family and that I get to learn so much from you. Thank you for shareing these great moments with us even though we can't be there with you. Happy belated (like always) BIRTHDAY HANNAH KENNEY!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment