Rachel's Birthday

Rachel turned 19 this year and we celebrated with Chicken and Dumplings just like we always have.  Now that she lives at the dorm it is extra special when she comes to stay at the house.  For her birthday, even though is was kind of inconvenient, she came to spend the night so that she could wake up to balloons and family birthday traditions. I know that life is changing and that I wont always get the girls close by on their birthdays...I really do appreciate that I had that this year though.

Ray Ray is many things.  I am learning all kinds of new things that she is as she grows.  I read a poem once about seeing our children as arrows and we are the bow, as parents.  We should want to supply them with everything that they need to shoot out into their own lives and that is our job.  I sometimes think it is hard to see life changing and the girls growing but then I see them in their adult ish lives and I am filled with pride and love and I can barely believe that I am so lucky to get to see them grow into who they are.  Rachel is an amazing young women.  She is a good student, a responsible job holder, a funny friend when I need to vent, a concert goer when I need someone for that, a good listener when I have been watching too much politics and need to rant for hours at a time and always wants to share the funny SNL clips with me.  I love you so much R





ay Ray.  Every day I get to spend with you is precious...especially when you spend the night.

Comments