Citizenship

This year, Rachel was old enough to vote.  We had talked about the day for a long time and made plans to go to the polls together.  When we got there she had questions and I tried to help her as best as I could to understand the process.  I was voting that day for a women to become president and I was doing it with my own daughter right beside me.  It was a big moment for both of us and we cast our ballot at the same time and hugged afterword.  Rachel thanked me for the help and  marveled at how I had a child old enough to vote.  While the election did not turn out at all the way we had hoped...I am still filled with pride at how far our country has come that a women was on the ballot.  I am proud that my daughter takes her civic responsibility so seriously and I am proud to have made that a priority with all of the girls.

Comments