Kenney Summer Concert Series

My parents are VIP members at Ruidoso's Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort.  With that, they get special access and front row seats for all of their concerts.  We benefited from that this summer and were able to see 2 awesome shows.  The first was my favorite group Daughtry.  We got to meet them backstage and then watched them in an awesome show from the front row.  The best part though, was when they asked us to come on stage for their encore and sing a song with them.  Seriously cool.  I should give the back story to the night though...earlier that day I had kicked my pinky toe on the door and injured my toe.  I would later find out that I broke it clean in half (I even managed to reset it myself after it was sticking out to the side in a very unnatural manner) So my foot was bruised and swollen to twice its normal size.  I could barely walk or stand with out excruciating pain.  I decided to go to the concert anyway because after all they are my favorite band. When they asked us to come on stage I didn't give a thought to my toe/foot.  I had been standing like a flamingo hopping around dancing on 1 foot for most of the show just fine. Getting up on to the stage was another story.  I followed the girls who had hiked themselves up onto the stage and tried to do the same.  As soon as I did my foot gave out and down I went off the front of the stage.  Daughtry then says "hey, girls help your Mamma out down there".  It was absolutely hilarious.  After I managed to heave myself up on stage we proceeded to have one of the best moments ever.  we sang our hearts out right along with the band to one of our favorite songs. Thankfully we do not have any video proof of our performance.  I am sure that some things are better left to our memories. Because in my memory I was awesome up there on that stage.   It was a total blast and well worth it when the next day I had to walk on crutches to the ER to see the x-ray of my broken toe.  








The next concert we say was Aloe Blacc.  I have to admit, I didn't know much about him other than his catchy I'm the man song.  I am happy to say that I am now a huge fan.  He was so talented.  Music, and especially his dancing.  He was a classy guy and his concert was really fun.  We took Sydney with us and it was her first concert so that was fun.  We sang, danced and had an awesome time.  Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for letting us be VIP's this summer.






Comments

  1. I'm glad the girls helped their mama up. ;) A very awesome part of the summer for all of you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment