Sweet 16 for Hannah Banana!

Hannah turned 16 and we celebrated all weekend.  Actual Birthday celebration was of the standard Kenney variety which is just the way we like it.  The day started with a birthday song/treasure hunt for Hannah from Rachel.  It was based on the new frozen short film and had Hannah following a piece of yarn throughout the house to discover hidden treasures...one of which was a sandwich!  Hannah decided to open a few gifts during breakfast but opted to save the rest for dinner. As usual we had chicken yummy for dinner followed by a chocolate pudding pie topped with a peanut butter fudge...super delicious.  Gifts were all opened and thoroughly enjoyed. After dinner and gifts we watched Hannah's current favorite movie (100 Foot Journey).  On Saturday Grandma and Grandpa took the girls out to dinner for Hannah's birthday and she opened her gift from them.  She was elated to receive a brand new shiny guitar.  I am not sure she has put it down much since.  Finally, on Sunday we had a special birthday brunch with Hannah's friends.  Good food, good friends and a rousing game of Disney Scene It were a perfect way to end the birthday weekend.  

Whew!  I find myself having to get these recaps done soon after they happen or I have a hard time remembering what happened.  As I get older I am finding it harder to remember many things.  However, I will always remember the day little Hannah Banana made her appearance.  Mostly because I had been suffering with a severe sinus infection for 6 months of my pregnancy and was absolutely miserable, finally, after she arrived they could start me on some serious meds via my IV. Seriously though, that day was magical.  Hannah is magical.  She is sweet tempered and mild mannered (well most of the time and if she is not hangry) She is funny and irreverent and perceptive in a way that always amazes me.  She loves to discuss her books with me...I love those lively discussions.  I get to hear how passionate she is about so many things..about all of the injustices of the world that she wishes weren't there...about her dreams for her future...and sometimes I just get to hear about how cute some boy is.  She is FUN.  She reads me Harry Potter out loud with a near perfect dialect for each of the characters (she needs to perfect the Scottish one a little though...until then we will make fun of her attempts every time.) She is Fun to be with.  Her recent love of hiking has given us lots of time to hang out and chat and for that I am really grateful. Sharing that with her has been special for me.  There are so many things about Hannah I am grateful for...the sound of her voice filling the house with music everyday....the way she always wants to help with dinner and how much she loves to cook....her sense of humor.  Mostly I am just grateful that I get to sit back and watch her become the beautiful young lady she is becoming.  Happy Birthday my sweet magical Hannah Banana!



Toasting with Butter Beer

A girl and her guitar

Happy Potter+Disney= Happy Hannah





Birthday ring made by Emma

Comments

  1. Such a beautiful celebration! Love seeing all of your faces and her sweet friends. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment