Off to a good start....

I still can't believe that we are a whole month into the new year.  Things seem to be going exponentially faster every year.  We started the new year with a lovely wisdom teeth surgery for me.  Nothing like ringing in the new year with a little percocet!  I had thought I would be able to do our annual New Years day hike 2 days later but unfortunately that did not happen.  What did happen was a lot of TLC from the girls and Matt and lots of time spent laying on the couch while Hannah read Harry Potter to me.  Speaking of Harry Potter...I have finally decided to read the books that my entire family has always been so obsessed with.  I am a little late to the party but am really enjoying them.  Hannah has agreed to read them all out loud to me including all the voices so that has been awesome.   We are on Book 4 at the moment.  The rest of the month is zooming along as Matt and I spend an exorbitant amount of time in our cars driving the girls to and fro. Emma is doing the Spring production of Canterbury tales and is super excited to be back on the stage.  Soccer also started so she is reveling in the fact that she no longer has to wear her back brace during practice.  We are still spending time each day working her out to get buff abs. Funny, no matter how much time I spend doing the same exercises I can't seem to get the same results.  Darn 12 year old bodies.  Emma's dog walking job continues to be highlight of both of our days.  We also managed to squeeze in a few Starbucks dates despite the home-school craziness. Hannah is also doing a Spring production at school called  The Games afoot.  She was just elected President of her Thespian group so she is staying pretty busy.  Rachel is getting ready for a Leadership Conference with FFA in Albuquerque so she is excited about that.  She continues to work hard at her job to save for a car. All in all a good month I would say.








Comments