Cross Country Season begins...

Rachel's 1st lap

Hannah gets ready to start the race





On Saturday, the girls had their first cross country meet of the season.  5:30 am came as a rude reminder of the dedication it takes to participate in this sport.  Of course, running miles and miles each day at practice has also provided its share of rude awakenings.  Hannah is a freshman this year, so we had 2 kids off on the bus, while Matt and Emma and I followed at a more reasonable time of 7am to El Paso.  This was Hannah's first meet and she had a great time.  Lots and lots of nerves but overall a positive experience.  Rachel also had a good start to her season.  Matt and I enjoy watching them compete in cross country.  As I said before, it is not an easy sport.  You run long distances sometimes all by yourself and you do it over and over.  We are so proud of both of them.  Their team is supportive and filled with a bunch of great kids.  After the meet we headed to Pei Wei to carb load.....I realize that is usually supposed to happen before the race and frankly is usually for the people who are actually running...but any excuse to eat at one of our favorite restaurants must be taken.  A very good day.

Comments

  1. Very dedicated indeed!

    Hope it cools down very soon for all of us. ;)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I was hoping you could answer my question about your blog! My name is Heather and if you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com that would be great :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment