Graduation Day...Take Two






Today was Emma's graduation from Elementary school.  It was also our family's graduation from Hillrise Elementary School.  We have been going there for the last 9 years.  Today was the last time we will walk the halls of Hillrise and it was a bittersweet day to be sure.  I struggle with transitions because I usually am really enjoying the phase I am in and who really wants to have to leave it just when things are getting good.  Moving on is overrated.  However, I am trying to come to terms with my issues with transition before the whole empty nest thing happens and I send Matt to Crazy Town.  So back to graduation.  Emma graduated and we celebrated with a really cute musical performance. And now we move on to middle school...insane to think about, really.  But, I will be homeschooling Emma for all 3 years and I am very excited about it.  I literally cannot imagine Emma surviving middle school as a 10 year old.  And not a typical 10 year old either...she still plays in the mud and listens to Barney CD's.  She is, in some ways, so much more immature than her peers and I am hoping to keep it that way for just a bit longer.  Having her home through middle school will give her a chance to figure out who she wants to be without the glare of crazy middle school hormone induced kids.  I really feel like it was a very positive thing for both Rachel and Hannah.  I will be doing a different curriculum with Emma so that will be a new challenge but in a good way.  But for now, we are going to sit back, take a deep breath, and enjoy our summer of doing nothing at all. 

Comments

  1. Congratulations to all of you! That is a big change moving on completely from the elementary school experience. I know you will enjoy every moment of those 3 years homeschooling Emma, and she will, too. xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment