School update



It has been awhile since I have done a school update.....probably because everyday bleeds into the next with an amazing amount of monotony.  Just kidding.  School is great, we love school, and we are presently counting down the days until spring break.  So back to the update....Emma is currently working very hard on her Biome project for science.  Nothing like a good diorama to motivate us all to learn about the boreal forest!  She is also working very hard on her math at home with me.  I am trying my best to fix all of the "new math" mumbo jumbo she came to me with, and it is going very well.  Now, if only I could convince her that people actually use rulers to measure with instead of eyeballing things.  Hannah is plugging away on her homeschool studies.  It is rather challenging to schedule everything in because of the time it takes to attend real school for a couple of classes, but we manage.  Matt is still on staff as our Physical Science teacher and I am loving that perk.  Each night he patiently explains mind-numbingly boring subject matter in a slightly less mind-numbingly boring way.  Secretly, I think he will miss it when Hannah goes to high school next year....Lucky him though, because I plan to hire him to teach Emma pre-algebra AND science next year when she comes home full time for 6th grade.  Rachel is trying her best to survive high school.  She is also doing track this season so she is especially busy with that.  I am enjoying the last bit of time that I get to spend with Hannah before she graduates to high school.  I have felt so fortunate to have the extra time with the girls during their middle school years.

Comments