Emma busts a move







We have officially completed the birthday celebration for Emma. We spent the evening having dinner (bread bowls are a definite repeater next year), eating cake (holy smokes was it yummy!) and watching Emma bust a move to her new Rio soundtrack.  Afterwords, we kept with tradition and drove over to the Salas house and gave them our leftover cake.  You see, our birthday cakes tend to be a little over the top and decadent.  The kind of cakes that could clog your arteries just by looking at them.....so, we enjoy our piece of cake and then immediately take the rest over to Davie, Kelly, Sydney and Thomas so that we don't OD on the rest of the cake.   We came home and tucked the girls into bed.  As I was laying with Emma she did her usual goodnight, you are the best Mom in the world thing (which surprisingly, never gets old) but then she told me that she felt really lucky to have our family and that Daddy and I always did such a great job making her birthday special and that she was the happiest girl ever.  That is why I love Emma.  Her complete and total devotion to her family and her ability to always remember to be thankful.  Well, I love that, and her dance moves.....Thanks Emma.  For always putting a smile on my face at the end of each day....Happy 10th birthday my dear.

Comments

Post a Comment