Graduation Day...

This evening we celebrated Rachel's graduation from The Mark Twain Academy (akaThe Kenney Academy)  where our motto has always been "build a bridge and get over it, kid"  Not really.  That is more of our disciplinary code.  Our motto has always been "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."  Rachel has spent the last 3 years lazily diligently completing her middle school requirements.  Each and every day she bought a whiney positive attitude to our little classroom.  Ok Ok, in all seriousness, while it was not always perfect (what in this world is?) the last 3 years really were a learning experience for all parties involved.  Rachel is ready to go on to public High School (lord help her) and is actually quite excited about it. I am actually very excited about it.  I am looking forward to having a 50% reduction in my student body.   I know Rachel will do well and I can't wait to watch her take on new challenges.






On to the ceremony...Matt is the principal (in name only because we all kwow who wears the pants in this school) So as the principal, he was in charge of ceremonial offerings for the evening.  He said many ceremonial things...and even ripped off  borrowed a podium from work to offically say these ceremonial things...He acknowledged the underclass-person (Hannah) with an honorable mention and a misspelled first name.....thanked the staff Mrs. Kennedy,( which is what the telemarketers like to refer to me as) for "promoting student health and fitness and looking fantastic while doing it." ....and finally Principal Kenney presented Rachel with her diploma.  A diploma full of accolades and praise.  With maybe a few less serious "acknowledgments".  After the ceremony, Rachel was presented with a Centennial High School t-shirt. (go hawks) and dinner (smoked mozzarella with roasted mushroom pizza!)was enjoyed by all in attendance. Congratulations Rachel.  

Comments

  1. Congratulations to Rachel!! I love that you did a ceremony for her, and it sounds way better than the middle school one I had with a carnation flower to hold and having my name called out among hundreds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having just sat through the 8th grade promotion at my school, I would have to say Rachel is very lucky to have such a personalized experience. What a great way to end one phase and start in on the next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated congrats Little ms Rachel peaches! Love you
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment