P.E. is my favorite subject



I really enjoy homeschooling the girls for middle school. I love that I get to share my passion for history and politics with them everyday..... I get such a thrill seeing them compose writing assignments that show they are really "getting" what I teach....I love delving into anatomy and earth science everyday. I adore getting to teach them Algebra.....OK, not really the Algebra part, but everything else is true. But, my absolute favorite part of every homeschool day is P.E. Each day the girls and I run, bike or hike for an hour. Each day, I marvel at the way the girls are changing as we chat about their lives. (It is amazing to me that Hannah can keep up a continuous stream of conversation for the entire hour while still keeping a good running pace.) On some days I marvel at how much 1 girl can whine for an hour straight (even while running!) about not wanting to do P.E. that day....on some days we don't talk much but I still love those days. I have set lots of educational goals for Rachel and Hannah this year. I work hard to help them achieve those goals...but in all honesty, the girls have helped me to achieve my personal goals of better health more than I have helped them....I find it easy to begin each day with P.E. because I enjoy their company and because I know I am responsible for their physical fitness. Next year, the girls will be running with the high school track team. I will no longer have to fit P.E. in to our homeschool day. I will miss the daily chats, the motivation they give me, and even the whining. For now, I will continue to be grateful for the mornings I run with my kids.

Comments

  1. You bring tears to my eyes :( This will me saying these things someday :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet! What a great way to start the day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment