Christmas Eve




This year we spent Christmas Eve fulfilling old traditions as well as starting some new ones (hopefully!. The day began with our friends Davey, Kelly, Sydney, Thomas and their dog Chance. We went on a long hike and came back to their house for a relaxing lunch. Thanks so much to the Salas Family for such a wonderful day. Davey, the posole was fantastic and Matt, your bread was delicious. Hopefully, this will be the start of a new tradition! Next came the annual Christmas Eve Kenney Sisters Theatre production. Every year as our gift, the girls present a play for us. This year's play was titled "A Tree to Trim". As usual, they did an outstanding job. Then it was on to dinner, which is always "breakfast for dinner". Everyone was excited to revisit the potato apple latkes that were a new addition last year. Afterwards, it was gift opening for all of the homemade gifts we make for each other. We were lucky to get a surprise visit from my brother Cody. The rest of the evening was spent getting ready for Santa. I would like to add as an afterword....I am intentionally omitting a large part of the afternoon events. Mostly because it is still too painful and embarrassing for me to talk about. I will tell you that it involved an elaborate plan (on my part) to make gourmet decorated sugar cookies for Santa (as opposed to the normal ones we make every year), a disastrous mess in the kitchen, some not so pretty words from me( probably from Matt too but I was too busy ignoring him in an angry huff),3 very ticked off kids and exactly 3 finished decorated cookies. Not to worry though, Santa got some cookies they just looked like ......you know what I mean. Note to self...next year, stick with the tried and true and don't try to go all fancy! (thanks Matt)

Comments