continually amazed and amazingly grateful....



When I was in 6th grade we lived in a tiny apartment with a tiny little porch on the 2nd story. I remember one day watching my Dad build some furniture outside in the snow on the tiny ( I mean like 7x4 foot kind of tiny) little porch. He amazed me. 2 years later I asked him to build me a "fancy" dresser. I wanted it huge, painted cream and trimmed with gold (boy, did I have style) and I wanted little roses for the drawer pulls. Again we were living in an apartment and again he built it out on the slightly bigger porch. I can't remember if it was snowing but I do remembering thinking that my Dad could do anything. I mean really, anything. Since then, he has continued to make furniture for all of us. The girls have tables, nightstands, dressers, whatever we needed, he built. So a couple of weeks ago I casually asked him if he thought it would be possible to build bunk beds in the girls room. We are always trying to think of new ways to get more space for them. He said he thought it could be done and I told him to think about it and we could talk about it maybe this summer. The next day I called him and happened to ask what he was up to...he innocently said..."Oh, I had an idea so I am going to see what I can do with it". I asked him where he was and he said "on my way home from Home Depot". I knew then that he had taken the idea and run with it. Today he delivered and installed the bunk beds I had told him we could talk about this summer. I am again, amazed. And I still think that my Dad can do anything. I am also amazingly grateful. Thanks Dad. I love you.

Comments

  1. Very nice! Aren't Dad's wonderful? All that space must be great for staging their various plays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me cry a little :) I <3 dads!!!

    -Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment